GOLDEN VISA PORTUGAL - REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT IN PORTUGAL
In October 2012, Portugal amended the Portuguese Immigration Law in order to simplify the granting of Residence Permit to foreigners (non EU citizens), through investment, business or real estate, in Portuguese territory.
Officially known as the Residence Permit for Investment Activity (ARI), the Visa Gold Program makes Portugal a privileged entry in to Europe, as permit holders are allowed to free circulation in Schengen countries.
Real Estate investment options to apply for Golden Visa:
• Property acquisition in the amount equal to or greater than 500.000 Euros. Click here to see our properties
• Acquisition of property over 30 years old or property located in urban renewal areas with rehabilitation works totaling the amount equal to or greater than 350.000 Euros.
Requirements and legal information
Note: The government establishes the possibility of reducing the amounts in question by 20% if the properties in question are located in areas of low population density, meaning, a territory of low population density if it has less than 100 inhabitants per km2 or if the GDP of that region is below 75% of the national average.
• Requires the maintenance of the investment for a minimum period of five years
• The acquisition of the property must be prior to the application for residence permit
• The residence permit is granted for a period of one year, renewable for two successive periods of two years
• Requires a minimum stay in Portuguese territory for 7 days (consecutive or not) in the first year and 14 days (consecutive or not) in the subsequent two-year periods
• Properties must have been purchased after October 8, 2012
• The properties must be purchased free of charge or mortgages
• The residence permit may be granted on a permanent basis after the initial period of five years.
• The Portuguese nationality through naturalization may be requested after six years.
• Authorization may be extended to the investor's family members (right to family reunification)
The Real Estate investment includes:
We work with some of the most experienced legal advisors and have a vast network of partners including real estate specialists with extensive experience in Golden Visa processes.
If you would like more information, please contact us.